Please review the following statements regarding our adoption expectations. If you agree to each of these statements, please fill out our online Dog Adoption Application linked to at the bottom of this page.
- I will provide the pet with adequate fresh food and water, clean, dry shelter and daily exercise.
- I will provide a safe collar with rabies, adopter ID tag, and TMHPR ID tag which is to be worn at all times.
- I will obey all applicable laws governing control and custody of pets.
- I will provide all medical care and treatment needed by the pet including but not limited to: yearly medical checkups and vaccines plus flea, tick, and heartworm preventative.
- The fence where the Pet will spend time will be secure and in good repair. All pools must be fenced for small dogs.
- I intend to adopt the pet only as a personal pet/companion and not as a gift, working animal, or guard dog.
- I will not sell or give away this pet for any reason.
- If it becomes necessary to find the pet another home, TMHPR will be contacted to assist with placement or the pet shall be returned to them
- Dogs require a lot of time and commitment. They cannot be left in a crate all day or unsupervised in a yard while the owner is away. TMHPR’s goal is to be sure that our dogs are placed in homes where this will not happen. Crating a dog for long periods of time causes severe long term anxiety issues as well as a very unhappy dog and owner. Leaving a dog outside for long periods of time is not considered healthy nor does it contribute to the well being of the pet. Environment is particularly important to the health and welfare of an animal. As such, the adopter must plan to keep the animal as an indoor pet, i.e. a pet that sleeps, eats, and spends the majority of his/her time inside the home. Keeping an animal inside will ensure that the pet is housed in a climate controlled area (this does not include a garage or a porch). Our dogs are adopted to families where someone is home during the day such as a parent that works from home or only part time out of the home or where arrangements can be made using a doggie day care facility, etc.
- Heartworm preventative is due monthly. I will bring my dog to the vet for an exam so that this prescription medication can be obtained.
- A home visit is required by the TMHPR representative prior to adoption and agreement by at least two TMHPR Board Members before a dog is placed in a home. Because a home visit is required prior to adoption, we conduct adoptions only locally to Dallas, TX and nearby areas.
- TMHPR makes no explicit or implicit guarantees in reference to health and/or temperament of the Animal. The pet is placed “as is” and the Guardian(s) assume all responsibility for treatment of any and all existing conditions or any other conditions of physical or temperament changes that may occur. ALL KNOWN behavioral/medical conditions the pet may have at the time of placement have been fully disclosed to the potential adopter. TMHPR is not liable for any medical bills or damage that may occur as a result of taking this pet into your home.
- As an adopter, I agree to full responsibility for the care of this pet releasing the previous owners (if applicable) as well as TMHPR and its representatives of any liability from this date forward. I agree to abide by the adoption conditions and realize that I am committed to this pet for his/her life.
- I have read and fully understand that TMHPR may repossess this animal at any time if the adoption conditions are violated or the animal is mistreated.
- Should I fail to perform according to the terms contained in our Adoption Contract, TMHPR will pursue all remedies available to it. Should it become necessary to enforce the Contract using legal means, an Adopter who breaches this Contract agrees to be liable for liquidated damages, as well as reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of court.
- I understand that a vet reference check will be performed as part of the application approval process. This reference check will confirm that all pets in my home have been spayed or neutered and are current on vaccinations. This reference check will also confirm that (if applicable) all dogs in my home are on monthly heartworm preventative.
Please click the button below if you agree to the above statements and would like to submit a Dog Adoption Application.